10-28-08: Gerard Butler at Savannah Film Festival

Gerard attended the 11th Annual Savannah Film Festival in Savannah, Georgia this week where Malcolm McDowell was honored with a lifetime achievement award. More pictures…

Many thanks to Klaus Roethlisberger for sharing his portrait of Gerard from 2003.  Thanks to Sharon for the find! Larger picture…

Gerard Butler Dot Net RockNRolla Sweepstakes
Don’t forget to enter the Gerard Butler Dot Net RockNRolla Sweepstakes.  Entries will be accepted until November 3!

Have you heard if RockNRolla will be opening in your city this weekend? Leave us a comment and share the info with other fans!

Search and buy your tickets at Fandango and help support GB.Net in the process!!

Fandango - Movie Tickets Online

101 comments on “10-28-08: Gerard Butler at Savannah Film Festival

1. colleen on said:

empire 6 theaters here in b.c. saw it last night with my husband. WHAT A FABULOUS MOVIE!. not for the faint of heart. funny, aching, witty, hot, sexy, it had it all. incredible dialog and characters you just wanted to hate and love. music, filming, everything about this movie made it slick, hot, and and incredibly watchable. gerry is great, they all are. and the plot twists. loved it. my husband even loved it. breath of fresh air to have an adult movie that isn’t beer and boobs! THANK YOU GUY RITCHIE. it was great to escape to another world for a couple of hours in a dark theater. the ROCKNROLLA is a wonderful character. your heart just aches in parts for him and is horrified at the same time. there is so much in this movie beneath all the layers. LOVED IT! PLEASE MAKE US ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Pat Bradley on said:

“Rock and Rolla” is now playing in Conshohocken, Pa.(Nov 1)

3. Patricia Kathryn Shields on said:

RocknRolla is playing here in Honolulu, HI!!! Yes indeed, there is a God!!! Gerry was so hot I could hardly stand it!

4. Rosie Fagiolino on said:

Yes ROCKNROLLA is opening in Orlando, Florida this week

5. Mary Lou Becker on said:

Just wanted to let you all know that I saw Rock N Rolla yesterday and it was great. I love Gerry’s character, One Two, he has some really funny scenes. I loved the soundtrack so much I went and bought it. If you love Gerry, as we all do, go and see the movie. Can’t wait till it comes out on DVD.

6. Carolyn M on said:

I live in Flushing,Michigan and I am going to be able to see RocknRolla tomorrow at the Trillim theater in
    Grand Blanc.Also,on the Entertainment Section of Friday’s Flint Journal they have RockNRolla on the cover page.That was so good to see.They gave it a great review.Going with my daughter and niece and can’t wait to see it.

7. Rocknrolla will be released in Greece ( Sparta included LOL) at December the 4th.

8. Teresa on said:

I am so excited that it’s paying here in High Point, North Carolina. I’m looking forward to seeing it tomorrow (saturday) with my gal pals. Can’t wait to see Gerard on the big screen again!

9. seashell on said:

RockNRolla playing at White Marsh Lowes Theaters in White Marsh Maryland and also at Hunt Valley Regal in Hunt Valley, Maryland.

10. Dorothy on said:

RockNRolla is opening tonight in Peoria!! It’s showing at the Rave theater at the Shoppes at Grand Prairie. I’m going, and taking a daughter and grand-daughter today at 4:25 pm, since this is Halloween and they have party plans for later.
    It is also showing at 7 or slightly later, so it does get to “play in Peoria!” Yea!! I called the theater several days ago when it didn’t show up on the “coming soon” list and asked them to get it. Maybe some others did, too, but Yea!!

11. J Margetts on said:

Rock n Rolla starts on October 31 in Salt Lake City. A favorable write-up was in the local newspaper. Can’t wait to see any movie by this talented actor.

A Big Fan

12. cabinbuddy on said:

RocknRolla will be playing in Canton, Ohio at Tinseltown starting today and Valleyview in the Cleveland area.

13. Enchanting Eyes on said:

Sadly it is NOT playing in a theater within 2-3 hours of me her in Western Wisconsin. I am thinking ROADTRIP to the Twin Cities!

14. Rock n Rolla is showing in several of our big theatres here in South Jersey. We are all going to the 7:35 pm showing tonight at the Ritz in Voorhees, NJ.

South Jersy Girls Unite!!

15. This is the best Halloween in Buffalo,NY Rocnrolla is on theathers today. I can’t wait until 1:20 pm to go watch it.

happy Halloween

16. RocknRolla opens the 31st here in Northern VA at nine different thatres with regular showings all day, not just a couple per day, as they sometimes do with “iffy” movies.

17. joycie on said:

RocknRolla will be shown in San Diego in the following theaters:

UltraStar Flower Hill Cinema (Del Mar); Edwards Rancho San Diego Stadium 15 (El Cajon); Regal Parkway Plaza 18 (El Cajon); AMC La Jolla 12; AMC Fashion Valley 18; AMC Mission Valley 20; AMC Palm Promanenade 24; Edwards Mira Mesa Stadium 18; Town Square 14; UA Horton Plaza (Downtown San Diego).

Here is the site for showtimes: http://sandiego.mrmovietimes.com/movies/RocknRolla.html

Happy Halloween!

18. Monkey on said:

AMC Loews Foothills 15, Tucson, AZ – First showing is Friday, Oct. 31 11:45 am.

19. JD Suydam on said:

According to the schedule posted on their website, RNR will be opening at the Edwards 21 & IMAX tomorrow as a regular feature. There may be a midnight sneak preview at 12:01 am in the morning. Sure hope so.

20. Geraldine Klein on said:

RocknRolla is playing at the Colonie Center Mall and Crossgates Mall in Albany, New York. Yeah!!!

21. Tamera on said:

At least 9 theaters in the Greater Las Vegas Valley (Nevada) will bless our screens with Gerard Butler in RnR. Most theaters have showings slated for 11 p.m. tonight, Oct. 30,2008 with a few midnight showings as well.

Thanks for making Las Vegas a “Select City”

22. Marlene on said:

RocknRolla is showing in Folsom, CA. WOOHOO!!

23. Woot! RocknRolla will be playing at the AMC 16 Rockaway, NJ starting at midnight tonight! Only a half mile away from me. I’ll be there for sure!

24. jERSEY gIRL on said:

RNR in Southern New Jersey!!!!

Franks Theatres Town Stadium 16 6733 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Twnship, NJ 2:15,4:45,7:15 and 10:00

Regal Cinemas Hamilton Commons 14 4215 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing, NJ 1:40, 4:50, 7:40 and 10:15

The above theatres are not that far away from each other. I was worried that I was not going to get to see it in Southern Jersey but now I have 2 chances. I know what I will be doing this weekend!!!

25. It’ll be showing in Lubbock, TX tomorrow – just double-checked the Cinemark site. Looky there – Lubbock is now “a select city.” Woohoo!

26. Chicago Update – The Muvico in Rosemont will definitely have RNR – at both the General and Premier venues – Also some other email confirmations – AMC Loews Northbrook Ct 14 – AMC South Barrington 30 – Marcus Addison – AMC River East 21 Chicago –

One more day and counting…Can’t Wait!!!!

27. Beth Di Roma on said:

Re: RNR in the Tampa area: Baywalk, Citrus Park, Hollywood, Park Place, Regency, Starlight, Veterans, Westshore, Woodlands.

28. Jane Ward on said:

In the great Kansas City, MO area I find two theaters showing RnR on 10/31/08:

AMC Independence Commons at 10 a.m., 12:35, 3:10, 5:50, 8:30 & 11:10 p.m.

And Cinemark Palace at the Plaza at 1:35, 4:46, 7:25 & 10:15 p.m.

There may be more listed tomorrow.

Jane

29. It is showing in Conyers, Georgia!!!!!!!

30. Robin Iris on said:

RocknRolla will be opening in Bend, Oregon on October 31st. In fact, there will be a midnight showing on Thursday, the 30th (or 12 am Friday, the 31st, however you look at it)!

I’m going to the midnight showing…CAN’T WAIT!!!

31. RocknRolla opened here in Perth, Western Australia today (Thursday 30 Oct)

32. RocknRolla is showing at the the following:
    Century 16 Hilltop (Richmond, CA)
    UA EmeryBay (Emeryville, CA)
    Century Larkspur Landing (Larkspur, CA)
    California Theater (Berkeley, CA)
    Century San Francisco Center (Market St., San Francisco)

33. Jovial Mom on said:

It took a long time for the information to arrive, but I finally found out that RocknRolla will open in several theaters in San Diego and the surrounding towns in the county on Oct. 31. Whew! I’m ecstatic!

34. sadiephanobutlr on said:

Gerry’s RocknRolla is opening in the Lakeville Theaters in Lakeville, MN.

Yipee

35. Found it! It IS playing at Arbor Place Mall in Douglasville. Come on out all you ladies from Northwest Georgia and let’s make a night of it!

36. Sandy Hargett on said:

There are five theaters in the Charlotte area showing RocknRolla,three IN Charlotte, Regal at Rae Rd., AM on South Blvd., and the Old Manor on Providence. One at Norhtlake Mall, and one in Rock Hill, SC.

37. Izabella Gyarmat on said:

Guelph, Ontario – Canada
    RockNRolla
    Running Time: 1h54m
    October 31, 2008
    3:50pm | 6:55pm | 10:10pm

38. RockNRolla is opening in Des Moines, Iowa on 10/31/08!! It is @ two theatres that I’ve seen so far.

39. Hope Grasso on said:

it is showing in gates ny at tinisltown on Oct 31 ! Here I come Gerry!

40. Dolores on said:

WoooHoo, yes showing in Langley BC (Canada) at the Colossus Theatre and Empire Theatre in Surrey BC. on October 31. Can’t wait.

41. Vickie Snyder on said:

Add to above post 3 more sites to see “RNR” in Michigan:

MJR Chesterfield Crossing Cinema 16: 10:40, 11:30, 1:15, 2:20, 4:00, 5:00, 6:40, 7:30, 9:10 and 10:00 (2 screens).

MJR Sterling Heights Marketplace Cinema 20: 10:45, 1:30, 4:20, 7:00 and 9:30.

AMC Star Gratiot 21: 10:40, 1:30, 4:30, 7:10 and 10:00.

There will be lots of play in MI. Hurrah!!!!!!!

42. Melissa (Melimel) on said:

For Sure in Miami…AMC Sunset Place24

43. OMG, and I was going to go to Savannah this weekend with my hubby for a romantic little trip and to think I could have met Gerry around town! That’s the closest he’s ever been to Jax, FL – go figure!
    Maria

44. Vickie Snyder on said:

In Michigan, I checked out 3 theaters all AMC that will be showing “Rocknrolla” opening Friday, Oct. 31. There may be more but here are the show times for the 3 I checked on:

AMC Star Theaters Great Lakes Crossing: 10:15, 1:10, 4:10, 7:00 and 9:50.
    AMC Sterling Heights: 11:05, 1:45, 4:30, 7:15 and 10:10.
    AMC Celebration! Cinema Lansing: 11:00, 1:40, 4:15, 6:50, 9:30 and 11:30.

I am going Friday night at GLC back-to-back (2 times) with fellow tarts Bonnie and Kris and again Saturday in Lansing with Bonnie and Kris and meeting for the first time Snag61 and her daughter. Saw it at the Toronto International Film Festival back on Sept. 4 and it was outstanding. Can’t wait to see it again as you can tell. Sat in the front row in Toronto at the Elgin Theater and felt like a part of the movie. Plan on doing it again up front and personal.

45. Here are listings for Rocknrolla in some the western suburbs of Chicago:

Hodgkins, IL AMC Loews Quarry Cinemas 14 11:30am, 2:15, 5:15, 8:15, 10:55 Special Engagement

Charlestown Mall, St. Charles, IL 12:20 2:45 5:10 7:35 10:00 114 No Passes or Coupons Accepted

AMC Theaters Yorktown Cinema, Lombard, IL 11:55am | 2:40pm | 5:20pm | 8:10pm | 11:00pm No Passes

AMC Loews Theaters Streets of Woodfield, Schaumburg, IL 11:25am | 2:10pm | 4:50pm | 7:30pm | 10:15pm

46. JD Suydam on said:

anybody know if Rock N Rolla will even get to Idaho? Much less Boise? Please tell me I am going to be able to see this movie soon! I really do not want to have to wait for the DVD to come out!

47. Unfortunatelly. in Russia we haven’t any information about the release date of Rock-n-Rolla… But we still wait!!!

48. YES! Rocknrolla is going to be in Albuquerque at 2 theaters and I am traveling through there next week. The first is the Cent 14 downtown on 100 Central at 11:45, 2:30, 5:25, and 8:20. The second theater is the UA Cottonwood Mall 16 and is being shown at 1:35, 4:30, 7:45, and 10:30.

49. Pamela on said:

I will be going to see it at classic cinemas in St. Charles, IL

50. Meenah:

It is playing in Savannah:

Carmike Wynnsong 11
    1150 Shawnee Street, Savannah, GA 31419

*1:15
    *4:00
    *7:00
    *9:45

Click here to purchase advanced tickets:

Fandango