08-13-09: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer Online

ETonline has posted the first look trailer for Law Abiding Citizen.  Watch it below (via FirstShowing.Net):

The official website has more versions, in different sizes, available from Apple.  View more…

What do you think? Leave us a comment.

Rate the trailer: 1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (115 votes, average: 4.86 out of 5)

Loading ... Loading ...

UPDATED: 08/14/09 – Added new video embed and links to official site.

81 comments on “08-13-09: Law Abiding Citizen Trailer Online

1. Deborahau on said:

I’ve just watched the preview for “Law Abiding Citizen” and excuse the expression, I was “blown away”, if Gerry Butler isn’t nominated for an Oscar for this role, there is something wrong with the system.
    I can understand why he chose the role, he’s lost his wife and child, everything to him and he just goes mental, this is a very “meaty” role for Gerry and he will be brilliant in it as he has been in all of his other movie roles.
    I hope that it comes out to Australia?
    Cheers,
    MareksLady

2. oh wow………..especailly since i am from philly…guess i will be on the bad guy’s {GB} side..

3. It looks fantastic and sad. It hurts to see someone lose their whole family. Gerry looks fantastic and I can’t wait to see him make them pay for their cruelty. Looks like there’s going to be alot of action to keep us on the edge of our seats. So glad he decided not to continue being a lawyer.

4. Annaliece on said:

Bravo Gerry! Looks to be the best movie for your depth of acting since the Phantom! I will see this movie.

5. Kristine Kelly on said:

I think this looks incredible! I think we are going to see a movie that is gonna blow our socks off! I think Gerry is going show those who don’t believe how great he is and just what fabulous work he is capable of….his fans have known it all along now he shows the rest of you! I can’t wait to see this movie!

6. DOLORES PIÑA DIAZ on said:

HOLA GERRY, QUIERO DECIRTE QUE TE ADMIRO MUCHISIMO, Y QUIERO QUE ME ESCRIBAS, TENGO MUCHOS DESEOS DE CONOCERTE EN PERSONA SOY MEXICANA, VIVO EN EL PUERTO DE VERACRUZ, Y SUEÑO CONTIGO. HE VISTO TODAS TUS PELICULAS, QUE HOMBRE TAN NOTABLE ERES Y QUE SENTIMIENTOS TAN BELLOS TIENES, ME ENCANTA LA FUERZA DE TU CARACTER Y EL GRAN TALENTO QUE POSEES. ESPERO ME ESCRIBAS, YO, TOMARE UN CURSO DE INGLES PARA PODER COMUNICARME CONTIGO YA QUE ME TIENES MUY ENAMORADA.TE ENVIO BESOS Y UN FUERTE ABRAZO DE LUZ. BYE

7. Robyn Gordon on said:

Wow, this looks like an amazing film and of course Gerry can pull off both sides of humanity – the sensitive and the vengeful evilness. I bet it changes a lot of opinions about vigilanteism. Am looking forward to seeing this. Congratulations Gerry – a head of time!

8. mjbooklady on said:

WOW! Impressive is the first word that comes to mind.

The film looks to be a chilling and exciting thriller and Gerry looks quite deadly in the film.

9. fiona64 on said:

This looks like a great tale of cat-and-mouse. I am so pleased to see Gerry in an intelligent, dramatic role. I can do completely without the rom-coms; LAC and Gamer represent welcomed relief.

10. Thearllys on said:

What a powerful film this is, look forward to Oct to see the entire movie. Gerard has so much versatility, love him in every type of movie. Keep them coming.

11. EJ Nastos on said:

I can’t wait to be first in line to see this one! This looks like a fantastic thriller and as usual, Gerry rocks!

12. Marlene Urso on said:

What I love the most about this movie is watching Gerry stretch his acting abilities. He is so believable and is going to win over the audience in the first minutes of the action thriller. I know I plan to be at the first showing. Great trailer – it draws you in without giving away too much.

13. Klouvios on said:

The lines are what we wanna hear.
    The action is believable.
    We haven’t seen something like this in a long time!!!!!

14. I am very excited to see this movie. Although, it looks a little like a more evil version of Taken. I’m sure it’s much different. Besides, Gerard Butler is FAR more good looking than Liam Neeson.

15. It is clear that the film is very different and distinct as I think Gerard in this film is the culmination of artistic maturity and I think that he will move to more creativity in the performance of films, the next gerard Congratulations I wish you more success and many awards Especially academy awards you great actor and We now know you are a producer also a great God bless

16. Nanno2 Nanci on said:

>LAC will be a new Level in Gerard Butler’s career. I believe this role has explored another phase of his talent. Just from the trailer,I can see that well known intensity but of a very Different nature.Very Anxious to see the entire Film.I do Hope he gets strated on Burns

17. Looks riveting…………I think my husband may enjoy this one……………Great job Gerry…………

18. cillairne on said:

This trailer looks truly exciting! I can’t wait for the movie to be released.

Pat

19. hoodin on said:

As an afterthought… If you had to play a man whose name was “Clyde”, would that not bring out the dark side in you? You truly nailed it, and I cannot wait to see it. I wonder when they will start to show the previews on TV?
    Sue L

20. hoodin on said:

Oh my gosh, this is going to be great. Finally, FINALLY, Gerry has a role that he can put his teeth
    into and show his acting chops. For once he is not the hero, or the hearthrob that can bring you right into the action, then drop you, and leave you wanting more, or the leading man that dies every time.
    It looks like Gerry and Jamie Foxx really nailed their respective roles and played off each other unbelievably! When the chemistry is like that, you get a terrific movie!
    I hope this movie is not overlooked, or just pushed aside,and not taken seriously. Believe me, if the movie matches the trailer,..we are in for a treat!
    Sue L

21. Stupendous. Cold Calculating and a strong moral question. This Gerry at his deadliest and he sucks you right in. I have a feeling many will definitely understand his reasoning and empathise. Looks a Sure fire WINNER. Go For GOLD Gerry.

Joan (HUG) xx

22. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THIS FILM I knew Gerry was a great actor but this is over the top. I am so happy that Evil Twin produced and this is just the beginning for greater thing to come. WHOA
    Good luck to all

23. Deborah Ann on said:

O My Godiva! The trailer certainly catches your’ attention.
    I have a feeling this will be an amazing film.
    From his interviews I’ve always gotten the feeling he looks at
    each project as a whole, not just his role, but at everything.
    Now that he will be involved in producing & directing I think we
    may be in for some truly brilliant films.
    as Madam Giry said, “…. the Man is a Genius…..”
    BRAVO Gerry.

24. Suzanne on said:

“IT’S GOING TO BE BIBLICAL….” great writing on this – love that phrase !

25. Betsy Usher on said:

I read an early version of the script…and parts of that were very graphic and gruesome…but to be honest, this movie looks awesome!!! Gerard might get his Oscar nod for this one, and he’ll get my nod for his nudie scene!!!! I can’t wait for it. I wonder if the powers-that-be moved the film up for Oscar contention? F.Gary Gray’s shots, especially when they show three closer shots of GB seeing the DA shaking hands with the baddie..wow! It has intrigue, heart-thumping terror, and twists, no doubt…but most of all, it has our lovely Gerard showing some wonderful acting chops. I’ll be there on Oct. 16…and again and again. It looks fantastic.

26. Woo Hoo! I can’t wait to see this movie! I’m glad he switched roles with Jamie. The dark Gerry side-so sexy!!!

27. Theresa on said:

That trailer has got me counting down the days until we can see it on the big screen. The entire cast looks amazing – bravo to Gerry, his production company and everyone involved..wow!!!!!

28. It looks like a great movie..Can’t wait to see it..

29. Denise on said:

I really like what I see in this trailer – to me it has great potential to be another blockbuster for Gerry as a star and for his production company.

30. Kim Kemp on said:

WOW…looks like its going to be a GREAT movie…can’t wait to see it…

31. Denise on said:

The trailer looks impressive. It appears to be a more complicated, complex plot. As an actor, Butler is capable of so much more than he’s shown in other films. Looking forward to seeing the film.

32. Robin Newell on said:

Ya think ya know what it’s all about, then the trailer comes along. WOW! You’re sooooo good, Gerry. I can’t wait to see it. But, have you signed onto this one with a ‘death clause’? Just don’t wanna see you die.
    You know how to show emotion and that makes me relate to what you’re portraying.
    You go Gerry!

33. The trailer looks awesome can’t wait to see it.

34. Lilyrose on said:

Whoaaaaaa
    That’s just….WOW!! Gerry, you have a winner there. That trailer was amazing. This is definitely going to showcase your range. Congratulations to all the cast and crew. Also, this is the first film that you produced..A winner..through and through. I wouldn’t be surprised if some awards will be in order..I’m so happy!! Now, I just want to see the film!!Amazing. You are so talented!!
    All the Best
    Cheers
    Lily

35. Suzy from Texas1 on said:

This movie looks amazing! I can’t wait to see the gamut of emotions that Gerry portrays as Clyde.

36. Can’t wait… When I first saw this trailer, it was like I was punched in the stomach. I can’t wait to see Gerry in this and hope I can handle any mistreatment of him. I have to remember, it is only a movie. Congrats Gerry!

37. Looks as though Gerry, perhaps, was able to demonstrate his considerable
    emotional range in this one. His capacity for theatrical anger and violence
    has been masked and bearded.

38. excellent can’t wait to see it.

39. The trailer is just brilliant. I am so looking forward to seeing Gerry in this role. I’ll never understand why Jaimie switched characters with Gerry when it’s so obvious that Clyde is the better role. All the better for Gerry!

40. Wow. That looks like an awesome movie. The picture of Gerry without clothes makes him look almost Christ like with his arms raised to be crucified. Can’t wait.

41. Justine on said:

The man is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! It is so nice to see him being the naughty man for once. Terry Sheridan not to naughty, this one. Man he is….wouldn’t it be great if he got an Oscar nod for that? Hey Anthony Hopkins did….need I say more :-) Love ya Gerry, great job.

42. OMG!!! October is not coming fast enough for me to watch this movie. I can not wait.

43. LadyMacbeth75 on said:

At last, at last! We get to see Gerry go all the way over to the dark side! He reminds me of Ted Bundy — handsome, charismatic and absolutely deadly. I’m gonna have nightmares in October, but I still can’t wait!

44. Bonnie Welch on said:

I’ve been waiting for this kind of movie from Gerry. He is so capable in every way. The trailer looks awesome, and I very much look forward to seeing the whole thing! Looks like he’ll really get to test his skills in this one!

45. Mary Jean Vena on said:

Quite impressive trailer. I totally cannot wait to watch this movie in the theatre.
    Glad to hear the date was moved up to this year.

46. Yvonne Georgiou on said:

It’s great to see Gerry in a more serious role again. A modern day Phantom perhaps but even more menacing and darker. Will definitely be first in the queue to watch this.

Mrs G.xx

47. bernaersoy on said:

BRAVO

48. Gerry mkaes his character look so beleiveable and evil! Go Gerry!

49. MissDebbieBlue on said:

OMG this trailer depicts an amazing movie – I can’t wait to see it. I’m so proud of Gerry being the Producer on this movie.

50. Julianna on said:

Well, Holy Smoke…that looks to be one hell of a well-crafted revenge movie. Congratulations to all concerned especially Gerry. His acting skills already appear to be knockout in LAC plus he produced as well. I’m impressed. Now to just see the whole thing.