Many, many thanks to angeleno for her pics from Comic Con. Visit the gallery for more!
Thanks to Warner Bros. for an additional hi-res image from RockNRolla.
2009 CONVENTION - GERARD BUTLER GLOBAL BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
The 2009 Convention poll is now closed. Thanks to all who voted and sent us your comments.
Based on feedback and the poll, we have tentatively chosen the weekend of October 24-25, 2009 for the Glasgow event (evening event scheduled for Sunday, October 25), which will honor Gerard’s 40th birthday. Proceeds will benefit CLIC Sargent. More details will follow in the coming weeks. Registration will be set at approximately 125 people.
We are now looking for volunteers in the US (maximum 5 locations), Japan (1 location), Canada (1 location) and Australia (1 location) who would like to host a similar event to coincide with the Glasgow party in those countries.
If you are interested in hosting a simultaneous event in your area that weekend, please send us an email to events @ gerardbutler.net (remove the spaces around the @ before sending the email). Each event will need to take into consideration the following:
- Attendance should be between 50 – 125, depending on interest. We can do a poll to determine the interest once the locations are chosen.
- In the US, Kids Kicking Cancer will receive 50% of the money raised for charity. The other 50% will go to a local charity chosen by the planning committee. International locations are free to chose their own charity.
- A hotel booking is not required (for example, NYC could still have their annual event at Stout as long as it accommodates enough people and the committee can help attendees with local accommodations and sight seeing).
- Committees should have NO MORE than 2 chairs, although the number of volunteers to help with smaller tasks are at the discretion of the committee.
- A charity raffle will be required. US events can take advantage of our tax exempt status.
- This is a YEAR LONG commitment for chairs and all volunteers.
- More details pertaining to things like souvenir tote bags, pins and programs will apply to ALL events.
- One special website will be set up for all events and each committee will have access to update their section and field questions from attendees.
We will take all recommendations for locations in this initial request. Once all proposed locations are selected, we will have another poll to determine the top locations for those who would be attending. Proposed locations should be received by August 10, 2008. Voting will begin on August 11 and end on August 21.
We will also have some sort of online “party” for those who are unable to travel.