October 1: SHATTERED, HACK!, PLACID 2 DVD news
Category: Shattered News | Posted by: admin
Article Date: October 1, 2007 | Publication: Fangoria | Author: Editors
Lionsgate Home Entertainment gave Fango the first look at cover art and details for SHATTERED, the psychological thriller it releases December 25. Originally titled BUTTERFLY ON A WHEEL and directed by Mike Barker from a script by William Morrissey, it stars Gerard (300) Butler and Maria (A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE) Bello as a couple whose daughter is kidnapped by a gunman named Ryan (Pierce Brosnan), who forces the couple to perform a series of increasingly grueling tasks in order to preserve the girl’s life. The movie will be presented in 16x9-enhanced 2.35:1 widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 audio tracks, plus the following extras:
• Audio commentary with director Mike Barker and writer William Morrissey
• Breaking Apart the Wheel featurette
• Hero to Villain featurette
• Deleted and alternate scenes
Retail price is $26.98.
• Allumination FilmWorks has announced that it will release the slasher flick HACK!—which Kane Hodder, who appears in the film (as a victim!), told us about here—on December 11. Danica McKellar, Juliet (BUFFY) Landau, Jay Kenneth Johnson, Sean Kanan, Gabrielle Richens, William (HALLOWEEN) Forsythe and Burt Young also star in this film about a horror-film-loving couple (Kanan and Landau) who lure a group of students to their remote home, where the youths start getting bumped off in the manner of classic screen shockers. Final details on the disc, which retails for $29.98, will be announced soon; in the meantime, you can see a trailer for HACK! here.
• Fox Home Entertainment will release the reptilian sequel LAKE PLACID 2 to DVD in January. Filmed in Bulgaria and originally aired on the Sci Fi Channel this past spring, it was directed by Dave (BOA VS. PYTHON) Flores and stars John Schneider, Cloris Leachman and Sam MacMurray, with a new killer-crocodile infestation (a bunch of ’em this time) plaguing the titular locale. Full disc details are coming soon. —Michael Gingold